Tuesday, April 10, 2012

First Blog, Bear With Me

Ok so for my first blog, I'm gonna try this out by giving all of you reviews of new albums that came out today. For the record, I am a rocker, I don't do pop music, rap, or any of that crap, Rock n Roll and Metal is where it's at for me, you've been warned! 


       First on the list is an album I was looking forward to for the longest time. True Defiance by Demon Hunter is the 8th studio album released by the Christian Metal band. I've listened to this album 2-3 times all the way through and though it doesn't carry much of the heaviness their past albums had, it's still a great album to roll down the windows in the car and headbang to. Great songs like My Destiny, Someone to Hate, Crucifix, and God Forsaken are great examples of tracks that'll get the adrenaline pumpin' and devil horns up in the air. Other songs like Dead Flowers and, from the Deluxe Edition, I Am A Stone, slow it down and allow the neck muscles to relax. The album starts out heavy and fast and gradually slows down as it progresses through the 14 tracks (12 tracks if you have the standard album). Overall, I rate out of 5 stars and this one gets a solid 3.5 out of 5. It's not the greatest album they've ever put out, but it's enjoyable and I'll be jammin' to this one for a while. I have not seen these guys live because they're always touring in Europe, but my goal is to be front row at one of their shows in the future, Dear Bucket List.....


       Next on the list, The Strange Case of.....       By Halestorm. I've seen Halestorm live before and their front girl, Lzzy Hale, is a hottie with a range that most singers wish they had. Forget the auto-tune and the computer-manipulated singing that you see in pop music, Lzzy has got it going on and this band has serious potential to be one of the biggest bands out there with their second studio album. Tune in to your local rock station and I'm sure you'll hear their hit song, Love Bites (So Do I), all over the airwaves! In the near future, I'd like to hear less of that song and more of their 8th track on the album, Rock Show. That's a song I can't get enough of. Mz. Hyde which is the second track is another bad ass track that one can crank up and enjoy. Great riffs, great singing, great album. It's slower than I expected for the second half of the album, but everyone who listens can find something to enjoy from this album. I rate this album 3 out of 5. 


      My final review is on a band not known to many. Their known to me as something I like to call an underrated band. Out with their second studio album is Thick As Thieves by Cavo. Cavo got the majority of their fame when one of their singles, Let It Go, made it on the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen soundtrack. This isn't a heavy band by any means, they remind me of bands like Adelitas Way, Emphatic, and My Darkest Days. With solid singles like Celebrity, Thick as Thieves, California, Never Gonna Hurt, and two acoustic recordings of Celebrity and Thick as Thieves, and I don't know about you, but I am a sucker for two things in rock music, acoustic recordings and covers. If your looking for a new band to listen to, something considered modern rock, give Cavo a listen. Listen to both albums, I guarantee there will be something on those albums everyone can enjoy. I give this album 3 out of 5 stars. 


So those are my three reviews for now, and to set the record straight, I'm not going to get super critical and break these albums down song by song and make my decisions based on the riffs, singing, drumming, etc, if I like the band, the album, or certain songs, I'll tell you what I think, and on that note, the same goes for bands, albums, and songs I don't like. 


Currently, I'm listening to other albums, such as the new album by Manafest, and I'm gonna try to make some time to watch a couple movies and post reviews ASAP. If you like what you read, wanna give feedback, want to suggest a review, feel free to let me know what you think, and if you like my blog and like the direction I'm taking it, spread the word. I look foward to hearing from you. Take care, signing out!



No comments:

Post a Comment