Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekly Update, News, & Discussion

Hey friends! I apologize for not posting on here in a while, I will do my best to make my posts more weekly, with news, topics for discussion, and reviews of all kinds! 

For start, I'm listening to the soundtrack for the upcoming blockbuster and first film of one of my favorite times of the year, Summer Movie Season!! And of course, I'm talking about the Avengers!! What happens when you take artists like Black Veil Brides, Bush, Five Finger Death Punch, Soundgarden, Buckcherry, Rise Against, and so many others, and you take original songs from each artist and throw it on a movie soundtrack, you get a pretty sick soundtrack. I'm not one for buying soundtracks, mostly because they're filled with a lot of hip-hop, pop, mainstream garbage, but this soundtrack is a compilation of some of Rock n' Roll's best bands. The song currently streaming across the airwaves, I'm sure you've heard it on the radio, is Soundgarden's Live to Rise, which is a pretty good track, but there are a number of other songs that I believe to be better. 5FDP's track, From Out of Nowhere, is a solid track, very catchy and fun to jam to, but don't expect their intense gutteral sound and shredding guitar play on this soundtrack. These guys definitely pull back for the commercial, family-friendly album. I have more tracks to listen to, but so far, I recommend for you rock lovers out there. It's a good addition to your library collection, especially since the Avengers is expected to be one of the biggest movies of the decade, if not EVER. I am seeing the movie Thursday night at midnight, and to add to the excitement, Warner Bros. announced a week or so ago that a third trailer for the The Dark Knight Rises, the third and final installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, will debut before opening credits roll on the Avengers. Finally, for those not aware, The Avengers is currently playing in Europe and I believe, some parts of Asia (don't quote me on that), and the reviews and feedback on the movie is that the film is phenomenal. This furthers my excitement for Thursday night. Hope your excited to. Can't wait!

THE OFFSPRING IS BACK!!!
Some of you may be hearing Offspring's new single, Days Go By, on the radio. If not, then get on the phones and request it. I just downloaded it off iTunes, and I've heard it a few times on the air, but the more I listen to it, the more I enjoy it. The Offspring is back with a new single, and a new album that, I am assuming, will release later this Summer. It's been four years since their last album, Rise and Fall/Rage and Grace, and so far, I think I can safely say that this album is going to be a lot of fun and awesome. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I have high expectations and hope I'm not disappointed.

WHAT THE HELL LINKIN PARK!!!
When I was in high school, Linkin Park was one of the biggest bands at the time, and if you think they still hold water today, then I think I should dunk your head in that water. We all remember Meteora and Hybrid Theory, amazing albums that put LP on the map! In 2007, they released Minutes to Midnight, and I enjoyed that album, but that was the last album I got any satisfaction out of. When A Thousand Suns released in 2010, I was somewhat excited after hearing the single, The Catalyst, on the airwaves. It wasn't their best single, but I didn't hate it. When I sat down and listened to the deluxe edition of the album, I was horrified. I had never heard an album so awful. At the time, LP claimed that they had spent some years experimenting with their sound. Well, have you ever heard the the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." News to Linkin Park, DON'T FIX IT!!! To this day, I still hear Waiting for the End and Iridescent on the radio, and I cringe. The point I am getting to, if you've been listening to the radio lately, LP is coming out with a new album, Living Things, in June, and their new single, Burn it Down, is burning my eardrums. Maybe that was a little much, I don't hate it, but it's far from being a favorite. According to iTunes' notes, Linkin Park is returning to its roots with the new album. If you think Burn It Down is returning to their roots, someone's gotta clean out their ears. I remember tracks like Crawling, In The End, Numb, One Step Closer, Faint, and it was such tracks that got my blood pumping. To me, that is Linkin Park's roots! I don't know what these guys are thinking, but they gotta get it together and just bring back the good ol' days, stop the politics, stop the humanitarian environmentalist nonsense, stop writing pussy-whipped songs. Just cut loose and jam!

If you agree, disagree, or wanna comment, I wanna know what you guys think. Let's get some feedback. 

Later on this week:

Cover of the Week
The Avengers: Movie Review
A Breakdown of the Dark Knight Rises' 3rd Trailer
& Much More!

No comments:

Post a Comment